Combined Chemical Dictionary
Online Tour of the Combined Chemical Dictionary
Welcome to the online tour of The Chapman & Hall / CRC Combined Chemical Dictionary (CCD). This dictionary is a structured database containing detailed information on chemical substances. It includes descriptive and numerical data on the chemical, physical and biological properties of compounds; systematic and common names of compounds; literature references; structure diagrams and their associated connection tables.
Fig. 1: The CCD welcome screen.
CCD online, contains over 500,000 compounds formerly published in:
- Dictionary of Organic Compounds;
- Dictionary of Natural Products;
- Dictionary of Inorganic and Organometallic Compounds;
- Dictionary of Pharmacological Agents;
- Dictionary of Analytical Reagents.
The compounds covered in CCD can be generally characterized as follows:
- The basic fundamental organic and inorganic compounds of simple structure, including the elements, inorganic binary and ternary compounds (hydrides, halides, oxides, sulfides);
- Virtually every known natural product including those of unknown structure;
- All currently marketed drugs, including all those listed in generic name compilations (US Adopted Names, International Nonproprietary Names, British Approved Names, Japanese Accepted Names), as well as those undergoing clinical trials;Compounds with an established use such as catalysts, solvents, starting materials, synthetic reagents, analytical reagents;
- Important co-ordination compounds, e.g., amines, phosphines, alkoxy complexes, and major well-characterised bioinorganics;
- Organometallic compounds representative of all important structural types (in the case of ligands with organic substituents, typically the parent member of each series, where known, together with a selection of homologues);
- Important biochemicals and minerals;
- Other compounds of particular interest because of their chemical, structural or biological properties, including many newly synthesised compounds of active research interest.
Given the vast range of data available, you will be able to conduct searches in a variety of different ways, using single or multiple parameters, including structure searches.
We hope that you enjoy the tour.